Danish Butter Shortbread
- 250 gram (9oz) Butter (Lurpak if possible) If you can’t get Lurpak, use a good quality high fat Butter.
- 1/2 cup Castor (Superfine) Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Plain (All Purpose) Flour
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 150℃ (300℉) for Conventional Ovens. Fan forced and convection oven heats may vary.
- Step 2 Using an electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar.
- Step 3 Slowly add flour, until the mixture comes together
- Step 4 Roll out to 1/2 centimetre (1/4 inch), and either cut out using cutters, or cut into rough wedges.
- Step 5 Place shortbread on a baking tray, covered with baking paper, and bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Here’s where it gets hilarious. Shortbread can be stored once cool, for up to one week. haha! like there will be ANY left 10 minutes after they come out of the oven! Still, good to know if you are making some as a gift!