- 3 cups Plain (All Purpose) Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar, Confectioners Sugar)
- 250 grams (9oz) Butter (Lurpak if possible) Chilled, and cubed
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence/flavouring
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 160℃ (320℉) for Conventional Ovens. Fan forced and convection oven heats may vary.
- Step 2 In a food processor, mix flour, sugar and butter, until you have a fine crumb. Add wet ingredients, and mix until a dough forms.
- Step 3 Remove mixture from mixer (it will be really really crumbly), and knead until it comes together and is smooth.
- Step 4 Roll out to desired thickness, and refrigerate until firm. This is the secret of perfect cookies. Always chill your dough before cutting it out, and bake while still cold.
Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
I use the AWESOME Lemon Royal Icing recipe by Haniela’s!
**Note for Aussies – You can exchange the Meringue Powder for Pavlova Magic ;)**